Games, Flash cards and a homework helper are to be found here.
Curricular Exchange: Mathematics Intermediate
The OFCN's resource of math lesson plans.
Site is updated often.
Mathematical Society's E-Math Site
Site has a Basketball theme
of Women Mathematicians
Teasers in Math
The brain teasers are broken down by grade level and allow student to submit their answers.
A new puzzle every week.
for Polymer Studies
A site with Fractal activities.
List of Mathematicians
Site contains a complete set of table for every math discipline.
of Units of Measurement
Numbers and Nature
Cards for Kids
Airborne with Plane Math
Many math links here.
Rational & Irrational Numbers
Explanation with examples.
Mathematics - 36 Games and Puzzles
Alamos National Laboratory Math Site
Site contains problems, games, and unusual anecdotes to teach the rules of logic, graphing, and other mathematical concepts
Online, math-related games
Forum: Math Tips Tricks
Problems for Kids
Squares, Magic Stars
Site about patterns
Introduction to the field of molecular modeling and its application to mathematics
Page of Math Problems
Great site for new teachers.
X Negative = Postive
Sort of a numbers based crossword puzzle site.
Way to explain with examples
3-D technology used here.
Hall Mathematics: Tools For a Changing World
Teacher and student sections Teachers may use the chapter by chapter resource to locate the Internet activities relating to each concept. There are links to support materials, references, and professional development. You need not use their text in order to benefit from the site.
Explanation of and activities relating to "pi".
Combination of math and aeronautics.
Interactive lessons about factorials
Stock Market Game for Kids
Lessons and related practice problems.
Roots without a Calculator
Classroom humor, teacher time savers and lesson plans.
Instrument Education Site
Site dealing with the concept of 100.
Brain and Behavior
A interactive site.
Gateway to Educational Materials
Giant lesson PLAN site.
A game where you find the pattern in order to win.
History of Mathematics
Calculators and Educational Solutions
Site for teachers, students, and parents.
Middle School Math
Middle school is one of the best times to begin exploring mathematics: this subject for many middle school kids is scary. Thus, getting rid of this fear of middle school math from the students can be a tough job for the teachers. Apart from handling the students, the teacher should be well aware of the particulars they need to cover without going over and beyond the required level. Middle school math contains topics such as: fractions, geometry, formulas, conversions and general math. Mathematics at middle school level should teach students to intelligently logic out the formulas and apply math in their day-to-day life.
Teaching math at middle school level can be very challenging. Teaching concepts, which are applicable in real life, is a tough job, but with the collection of resources and questions to practice, the fear of math in students can be tackled. This guide will provide various links to learn the topics and links to various worksheets, which students can practice to judge their understanding of fundamentals and concepts on each of the topics.
Learning mathematics at any level can be fun provided proper concepts are embedded in the minds of those who teach and in those who study them. Middle school math concepts can be easy to grab at times but just knowing these concepts won’t fetch grades, worksheets are a must if you wish to come out with flying colors in the league of mathematics.
Fractions in mathematics are the ratio of algebraic quantity expressed in a/b form. In middle school, the child should be familiar with concepts of fractions and identifying a fraction. They should be learning about equivalent and identical fractions. The basic formulas of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing should be imbibed. Students should also be able to compare fractions and convert them into decimals.
Word problems are the most difficult ones to tackle. Conversion between various units can be asked from pupils. The students also desire converting decimals into fractions.
- Fractions and ratios in middle school - A PDF with detailed discussion on fractions.
- Teaching about Fractions - What, When, and How?
- Cynthia lessons - A link that shows the fun way to learn about fractions
- Identifying Fraction - The formations of a fraction.
- Common denominator - Learning this concept can help solve all the basic rules of a fraction
- Comparing decimals and fractions - This portal helps in learning the conversion between decimals and fractions with a link to quiz to test your knowledge of fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Learning decimals - A simple way to learn all the concepts associated with this section in math.
- Fraction Worksheet - A webpage with worksheets & other resources
Geometry is a branch of mathematics all about shape, size, relative position of figures and the properties of space. Middle school geometry introduces topics such as: polygons, area, perimeter and volume of geometric and solid figures. Topics on angles, coordinate planes and transformation should be introduced here. Congruency and similarity of triangles are the other topics covered under this unit.
- Geometry for Junior and High School - A list of sites with information on geometry for junior high and high school students.
- Dictionary of geometry - This site provides comprehensive data on area and perimeter of various geometric figures.
- Interactive geometry - A concise guide to all the topics in geometry section of the math.
- A learner’s course - This site also provides several geometry concepts.
- Worksheets - This webpage includes a number of free geometry worksheets suitable for elementary and middle school students.
- Example Prep - A webpage with links to worksheet and lesson plan activity ideas.
- Teachers companion - A PDF file on geometry for middle school teachers companion problems.
- Teaching Geometry – A PDF teaching geometry using art and architecture.
- Educator Resources - PowerPoint, articles, activities and information on geometry
- Discovering Geometry Through Problem-Solving – A PDF file that provides an interactive look at geometric concepts.
Understanding the concepts of coefficients, variables and polynomials are expected of the students here. This section of math introduces solving of algebraic equations Evaluation of algebraic polynomials along with the application of basic mathematics formula on the expressions are needed. This is a tough section and usually students take time before they settle in this section.
- Higher concepts - To dwell into higher concepts of mathematics and algebra this site can be visited.
- Practice while you learn - Allows you to practice while learning the concepts.
- Virtual Library - Virtual manipulatives for Algebra
- Algebra Vocabulary List – A PDF file with definitions for middle school teachers. The list consists of various links.
- Worksheets - A webpage with links to worksheets for middle school algebra
- Video lessons on algebra - Provides video lessons on all most all the topics in math.
- Middle school Algebra - Articles related to middle school algebra
In mathematics, a percentage is a way of expressing a number as a fraction of 100. It is denoted by "%" symbol. This concept of math is applied in daily life as well; therefore having a grasp on this subject is essential. Students are required to calculate percentages of amount given to them. Word problems form a mandatory part of this section.
- Learning percentage - A simple interactive guide to learn percentages.
- Tutorials - This guide provides all the formula pertaining to this topic in math.
- Interactive percentage – A webpage with explanation of how to use a 10 x 10 grid to explain basic concept of percent, and solve various types of percent problems
- Math Quizzes - An interactive quiz on percentage of numbers
This unit in mathematics covers all the basic operations in the domain on integers. Integers are natural numbers including 0 with all the negatives of the non-zero natural numbers. Here, basic mathematics formulas should also be taught to the students.
- Interactive learning - Learning integers in an interactive environment.
- Grabbing concepts - All the topics on integers.
- Linked to all – A great list of resourceful links.
- Making mathematics come alive with technology - Roles of technology in the teaching and learning of mathematics
- Development of Algebraic Thinking at the Middle School Level - The study is to provide a developmental account of generalization involving patterning activity among a cohort of middle school children.
- Free math worksheets - These are interactive worksheets to practice
- Fraction Worksheets - A worksheet to practice fraction for better understanding.
- Decimal Worksheets - Speedway to learn decimals
- Algebra Worksheets - This site has worksheets for all levels of learners of algebra.
- Online Quiz - This quiz judges the students on their skills in math.
- Decimal Quiz - Practices operations on decimal figures.
- Integer Quiz - Basic level quiz which gradually progresses to a tougher level
- Percentage Quiz - To practice questions on fundamentals of percentage.