Home Schooling Worksheets Online
Many people who want to consider homeschooling are sometimes afraid it will cost too much to do so, but that doesn't have to be the case. Not only are there resources like the library, television and videos, but there are also numerous free worksheets and courses available online. The cost of printing out a worksheet is nothing when compared to what it would cost to buy school supplies or send your child off to school somewhere else. With so much available, it just doesn’t make sense not to do it if you want to. Worksheets ae also a great tool for currently homeschooling families who can either use them within their curriculum or as helpers.
Not only do homeschooling families create pages for worksheets, but there are also several other sponsored websites that do so as well. Though many homeschoolers shy away from them, worksheets are an important tool for the homeschooled student. They allow for needed information to be taught in a quick and efficient manner that is helpful for the teacher as well as the student. They can also be printed and reprinted until a concept is fully understood by the student, which is a benefit most public schooled children do not have the luxury of.
Worksheets are available for almost any subject. Even websites that don’t have a question and answer format can be used as worksheets. For instance a website on planets could be printed out and used to help teach your child their positions in space, their differing sizes and shapes or to do math problems like figuring the distance between them. A worksheet doesn’t have to be set up in the standard question and answer format either. It just has to be something the student can use as a tool for learning. Usually colleges, schools or even other home educators put out quality worksheets, but that is not always the case. Be sure to look them over before using them. Occasionally in someone’s zeal to get their website up and running, they may put out inaccurate or sloppy work. Usually you can spot an unorthodox site just by looking at it, but in any case, glance over the available forms to check for obvious errors.
Helpful Uses for Worksheets
There is nothing more frustrating than to discover your child just doesn’t understand a concept. Often curriculums do not offer any extras to help when your child just doesn’t get it. This is a good time to supplement with worksheets. For instance, your son just doesn’t understand multiplying fractions, so you print out a few worksheets on the subject. He now can focus on that one concept until he fully understands it and then can move on with the regular curriculum. Whatever the subject, worksheets can help hone the needed skills.
Worksheets can be pre-made or you can create them according to your needs. There are established websites set-up expressly for that purpose. There are also useful pages that can be printed out and made into worksheets that suit your curriculum or individual lesson plans.
• School Express offers free homeschool worksheets, games, eworkbooks, thematic units, as well as a create your own worksheet tool.
• RHL School reading, English grammar, math and more worksheets for study and/or curriculum
• School House Technologies Printable Worksheets, Activities, and Tests for the Differentiated Classroom
• Scholastic free lessons and unit studies for all your teaching needs.
• Lesson Plans Page more than 4,000 Lesson Plans for Pre-K through grade 12
• A Day Full of Popcorn a lesson plan from the Columbia Education Center's Summer Workshop.
• Maria Hastings School Word Bank of 1200 High-Frequency Writing Words
• Education Helper free downloadable worksheets for all subjects and grade levels
• U.S. Department of Education Helping Your Child Learn Geography
• Atlapedia contains full color physical maps, political maps as well as key facts and statistics on countries of the world.
• Crossroads a K-6 American history curriculum
• Great American History provides free educational material, lesson plans, class outlines, and quizzes on the subjects of the American Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, and Abraham Lincoln.
• The Plymouth Colony Archive Project Archive presents a collection of fully searchable texts.
• Science Learning a lesson on Benjamin Franklin with links to pages with further information
• Math Fact Cafe Free math homeschooling printable worksheets for elementary school and home use.
• Math Stories House of Math Word Problems for Children - Available in Spanish & Aligned with State Standards
• Quiz Hub offers helps, puzzles, games and quizzes.
• Donna Young homeschooling, home and classroom printable forms, resources and worksheets
• Homeschool Math offers a curriculum guide, worksheets, games and materials
• Super Teacher Worksheets work sheets for several subjects, includes holidays and teaching tools
• Beginning Reading free worksheets for teachers or parents to print for beginning readers
• Kid Zone math games and worksheets
• Teach Children ESL free worksheets to be used for teaching English as a second language
• EZ School worksheets available on various subjects including Spanish
• Soft Schools math and language arts worksheets organized by grades and topics
• Free Math Worksheets basic math through pre-algebra, plus puzzle print outs
• SS Software Arithmetic worksheets, worksheet generator and math skill builders
• Busy Teacher find free printable worksheets on language arts and writing
• Tooter free worksheets and rewards for your students
• Preschool Palace Over 400 free preschool and kindergarten themed printable worksheets
• Helping With Math printable geometry worksheets
• Math is Fun view them on-screen, and then print them, with or without answers
• Phonics free phonic worksheets
• Math Slice covers math that includes grids, sequencing and charts
• ESL Galaxy ESL lesson plans, materials and activities
• MES English free phonics printables for teachers
• Eraser Dog worksheets for elementary, middle school and high school students
• Early Childhood Free worksheets, printable worksheets and kid printables
• Home Education Resources free Spanish printables
• OWL-Purdue University a complete writing/grammar lab with printable worksheets
• Worksheets Plus a growing collection of free printable worksheets