Free Middle School Worksheets
Middle school typically covers sixth grade through eighth grade, and usually exposes students to new styles of learning and a range of new information. In elementary school, students usually stay in one class throughout the day and with one teacher; in middle school, however, students usually have a different teacher for every class. This more active class schedule gives students more independence and encourages them to form their own unique ideas and opinions. It also, however, gives students more responsibility and means exposure to much more information. This more active environment may make it more difficult for students to quickly grasp new information and knowledge. One solution for this problem is the use of junior high school worksheets. Such free school worksheets can be used for reviewing information, to introduce new information, as part of classroom discussions, and in preparations before test.
Art & Music
Art and music both play important roles in society. To give middle school students a complete and balanced education, a thorough exploration of both subjects should be undertaken, especially as these subjects tend to be favorites of many children. Using middle school free worksheets to review visual art, music, and drama will help students to understand the topics more clearly while also inspiring creativity and inspiration.
- Sixth Grade Art Curriculum: Concept such as contour drawing and ceramic masks are appraised here.
- Incredible @rt Department: Useful for students aged 11 to 14, flipbooks, comic strip designs, clay animation, and other art worksheets that children will find enjoyable are accessible here.
- KinderArt Painting Lessons For Kids: Art is a subject that can easily engage young minds. These middle school art worksheets cover different painting styles and different areas of art.
- Kozmic Dreams: Acrylic painting, oil pastels, and more areas of art can be studied with these school worksheets.
- The Kennedy Center ArtsEdge: The range of art can be taught with these lesson plans covering dance, media arts, music, theater, and visual arts.
Social studies is not just one subject area but many. Typically, junior high school social studies include learning geography, history and religion. Through social studies related free school worksheets students get a better understanding of how government functions and how society has been shaped.
- Academy Curricular Exchange: Learn about government, law, ethics, and geography with these lesson plans.
- Andy's American History Worksheets: The United States Constitution, slavery, and the War of 1812 are among the major history topics discussed here.
- SchoolHistory.co.uk: Designed for eighth grade students in the United Kingdom, middle school free worksheets explore witchcraft, Elizabeth I, the French Revolution, the Industrial Revolution, and many more areas.
- Study Stack: Geography lesson plans are useful for reviewing state capitals and world geography.
- Worksheets 4 Teachers: Social studies, geography, and history based worksheets cover topics suited to middle school instruction.
Language arts covers several areas including spelling, literature, reading, comprehension, and grammar. Together these subjects help middle school students develop their ability to understand the written word and improve their communication skills. Many school worksheets covering these topics are available to help middle school teachers looking to help their students improve at this vital subject area.
- ABC Teach: Reading comprehension worksheets can be used for testing student’s retention of information or for vocabulary building.
- Beatrice Public Schools: Use these units, word list, and middle school free worksheets for eighth graders.
- English-Zone.com: Turn to these free worksheets to review passive voice, conjunctions, and spelling.
- Lesson Planet: Middle school free worksheets for grammar are useful for basic practice.
- Math & Reading Help: Seventh grade teachers can save time on creating worksheets by using these free worksheets exploring reading comprehension.
- My Schoolhouse: Sixth grade teachers will find a range of interactive free school worksheets related to popular novels recommended for middle school reading.
- Online Learning Haven: Weekly spelling list for middle school aged students include worksheets that teach definitions and alphabetical order.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab: Grammar, punctuation, and general writing handouts here can be printed and used in class to improve writing and grammar skills.
- RHL School: Reading comprehension worksheets suitable for students in fourth to eighth grade.
- Stickyball.net!: A wide variety of printable handouts suitable for various age levels covers grammar, writing, and vocabulary.
- TeacherVision: Printable free school worksheets review the rules of grammar including capitalization, punctuation, verbs, adjectives, and synonyms.
- The Grammar Aquarium: Grammar printouts can be used in conjunction with online grammar activities and notes, helping kids get a better grasp of tenses, prepositions, and modal verbs.
- TheTeachersCorner.net: Teachers can create customized word search worksheets for classroom usage.
Math can be one of the more difficult subject matters to teach to children. Middle school math expands upon the basics learned in elementary school, which includes learning how to count, subtract, add, multiply, and divide. In middle school, students will work with increasingly larger numbers and learn to use these numbers in word problems and algebraic expressions. Middle school math typically cycles through Pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry.
- Dositey.com: Fractions, decimal numbers, algebra, positive numbers, and more can be discussed with the class in these printable middle school free worksheets.
- edHelper.com: Hundreds of middle school worksheets covering the range of math topics include algebraic reasoning, whole numbers, percent, and volume.
- Education.com: Test middle school students understanding of math operations, fractions, and other standard math topics covered in sixth through eighth grade.
- Eraserdog.com: Middle school free worksheets are useful for assessing understanding of statistics, measurements, geometry, number sense, and problem solving.
- Kuta Software: Generate math worksheets and tests covering linear equations, trigonometry, exponents, and more.
- Math.com: Teachers can use these worksheets to review comprehension of pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry.
- Math for The Middle: Math practice worksheets, flashcards and fact tables can be used to review math concepts before end of grade testing.
- Math Printable Worksheets: Help students learn how to classify shapes, divide fractions, add integers, and count money with these free school worksheets for middle school youth.
- Math Worksheet Center: Over 1,500 worksheets for middle school students cover addition, graphing, charting, probability, and more.
- Middle School Lesson Plans: These lesson plans for eighth grade teachers cover such topics as diameter, volume, and scientific notation and are accompanied by math worksheets to encourage student understanding.
- SoftSchools.com: Online math games and math worksheet generators explore place value, factors, rounding, geometry, and algebra for sixth and seventh graders.
- Tutor-USA: Use these worksheets to break down themes that can seem confusing and complicated to students as distributive property and using tables and graphs.
- Worksheet Library: These algebra school worksheets were created specifically for students in the 7th grade.
Science & Nature
In middle school, science learning is about building a foundation for high school level courses. Such life sciences, earth science, and physical science courses offer general information and overviews on issues as diverse as human biology, animal and plant classifications, and the solar system. Science school worksheets can be found that correspond with existing lesson plans and standards, as well as worksheets that fit into hands-on scientific exploration.
- Discovery Education: Keep students engaged and having fun with science worksheets covering space science, physical science, and technology.
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Teach students about earthquakes and volcanoes with these lesson plans and then use the included worksheets for review.
- Holt Science & Technology: Science fiction middle school free worksheets can be used to teach basic science skills.
- Middle School Science: These chemistry lesson plans cover chemical reactions, the periodic table, acids, bases, and much more.
- Reach Out! Michigan: Use these worksheets to learn more about acid rain, impact craters, wind erosion, and explore hands-on activities.
- Science-Class.net Look under the "activities & labs" section for science worksheets on forces, Newton’s Laws, and more.
- Science-Teachers.com: Get kids acquainted with these worksheets that teach about volcanoes, earthquakes, and plate tectonics.
- The Science Spot: Learn more about bald eagles with these series of free school worksheets, videos and other additional resources are also included.
- Worksheets For Middle School Teachers: Review the groups of the periodic table, name ionic compounds, and review how bounds are formed with these introductory physics worksheets.
Middle school education covers many topics. By searching online, it is possible for educators to find free school worksheets in numerous other topics. Such worksheets may not cover the core topics emphasized in middle school education but they do help kids have fun while learning and expand their knowledge.
- American Kennel Club: Fun lesson plans teach kids about responsible dog ownership.
- Personal Education Press: Create your own worksheets on a variety of subjects including foreign languages, language arts, math, and science.
- SchoolFamily.com: Upper-level middle school worksheets cover holidays, includes word searches, and even includes worksheets to help students adjust to middle school.
- Time For Kids: Teachers will find worksheets on almost any theme they teach here including animals, health, habitats, math, planets, space, and weather.